Thursday, June 21, 2018

Boulder Airport Swing Dance Ball - Simplicity 8447 Overalls Pattern Review


Awesome Airplanes! 

The car from It's a Wonderful Life! 


Pattern Description:
1940's Overalls and blouse with hood (a hood!?)

Pattern Sizing: Size 14-16

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Mostly! I left off a pocket

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, but having the Crafty Pinup Vlog really helped me!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
They NEED to put finished garment measurements on their pattern envelopes! Also, why no bust measurement?

Fabric Used:
100% Cotton Denim

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
 I left off a pocket

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
 I want to make these again, out of a twill or something, and I have already recommended it to many friends and strangers who liked them!

Conclusion:
 I loved these, wearing them while swing dancing was fun and they were a very comfy, easy to make staple from the 40's! Now I have a Rosie the Riveter Costume :p Sizing was a little tricky, I started with a 14 and ended up more a 16. The crotch is a little baggy but not in a bad way, and the legs are terribly long, even on 5'9" me.
All in all, they took me about two days to make, working on them off and on during work days. I liked the look of the blouse but did not make that yet.

This was a really fun event and I want to go again! 

So excited to finally dress vintage 

1 comment:

  1. totally awesome. after months i finally finished. this was only the fourth thing i have ever sewed. yikes - yours is way better - how much would you charge to sew S8447 ?

    ReplyDelete