Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Gibson Girls - April 2013 Gaskell Ball

For the April Gaskell Ball, the unofficial theme was "Gibson Girls"! It was a costuming challenge, and we such beautiful results! We were appropriately haughty and broke many hearts, just like a Gibson Girl should.
Very proper
My gown was made up of two patterns and sleeve drafted by my clever friend Elizabeth P. The bodice was Simplicity 2851, and the skirt was Burda 1888, minus the bustle apron.
The fabric was from Triad Plus Fabric; a very pretty blue poly taffeta. it all went together easily, and I ended up cutting off the silly tails that the bodice is supposed to have. I also made it lace up the back. (ANYTHING to avoid hooks and eyes!)
 The best part for me was getting recreate an original drawing by Charles Dana Gibson!
A Little Story. By a Sleeve.
And our version:
Many thanks to Gregory!

Smiles all around

No comments:

Post a Comment